Sunday, May 22, 2011

Royal Stamps of Mine

Yiippiieeyy!! I'm happy! I'm happy!! I got a mail from UK. Okay, I'm sorry that I was and am so excited because a mail! But this is not JUST an ordinary mail, but this is a royal mail, I mean, royal stamps. hoho..

Thanks to my friend and my English tutor, Charles for this mail. He's so kind. When he went back to London he was kindly asking me that I want something from his mother country. He knew that I love magazine, so he offered to give me some magazines (and he did!). But then he asked me again about what I would love to have from overseas, then I said that I always collected stamps back then and I would love to have UK's stamps. Fortunately, the timing was just perfect. Britains were crazy about The Royal Wedding, and of course its souvenir: Prince William and Miss Kate Middleton's limited stamps.








I think to get these stamps, ppl have to pre-order them at Benham? I don't know, I just assumed it when I read the envelope.


Along with the stamps, the package came with few magazines. One UK BAZAAR (March issue) and three YOU (27 March, 3 April, 17 April issue). I've never have UK's mags before, I'm so excited!
Do you know about YOU magazine? never heard of. But it's pretty good to read(:

It seems that Paltrow has became so famous these months because of her move to the UK.


Gwyneth Paltrow in BAZZAR.
At the top pic, I feel that at that angle, Gwyneth is a little bit looks like Blake Lively..Do you agree with me? or is it just me who thought that? xD

Gwyneth Paltrow in YOU

24 comments:

  1. Wow! Very nice. I loved watching the Royal wedding. THere were some really nice moments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh cute! I love that they are on the stamp now. Loved her wedding gown! To marry a Prince and do it in McQueen=Every Girls Dream

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah so nice! I love the royal couple :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet of your friend to bring you back those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's so sweet of your friend dear. :) I love the royal couple too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe I used to collect stamps too when I was younger. well, actually the collection was mostly given to me by an uncle and I never really bothered to collect my own haha. These limited edition stamps look really nice though :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stamps! And yeah, I agree with Gwyneth looking like Blake Lively in that photo :) It's the hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute!




    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah so sweet of your tutor to send you all these British goodies! And you were indeed lucky, with the royal wedding going on ^^ Foreign magazines (even if they're written in English) are fascinating. I'm always amazed at how different and, at the same time, how identical the content can be :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to have the second stamp! they look like a real life fairy tale :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how cute, the royal wedding was pretty fun to watch, I liked all the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope my comment gets through as anonymous. I’m having problem posting as my google name. I had a comment for you on your previous post but I don;t think that got sent out. I’ll try posting again.

    It is lovely of your friend to get you the royal wedding stamps and magazines. The stamps are so lovely. I simply love that couple! Oh and international magazines too. Love them!

    Jo
    iamjolene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOA! This is neat-o! I'm jealous. I was creepishly obsessed with the royal wedding and William and Kate. They're just perfect, to me. And her dress made me crazy all over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! such a collection!!!! >.< Are you into those things ?:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool stamps! my friend bought me a royal wedding tea towel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Royal mail! *u* Who's it from? :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there!!! Im finally back to the blogging world, I was in studying-like-crazy-world for over a week! T_T I totally agree that Blake Lively does look like Paltrow in that angle! Wow these stamps seem expensive!!! They must be an extensive collectors item, especially if you collect stamps! =D how sweet of your tutor to have sent you these!

    Oh tinted moisturizer is just like bbcream but without all the nice goodies like whitening affects and anti-aging etc. It's basically moisturizer with a bit of foundation on it, the coverage is VERY minimal though and people who are used to wearing foundations usually do not like tinted moisturizer too much because of their minimal coverage. hahaha after I watch a scary movie I always need something to come to the bathroom with me, usually it's my dog hahahaha I feel bad for him sometimes =P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg, how beautiful is the stamp! I wish I can get mail from the UK :) It's so special to receive something so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. how cute!
    it is indeed very sweet of your friend and tutor =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. P.S. I've nominated you for the Blogger Award 2011 :)
    http://rinnysbeautydiary.blogspot.com/2011/06/ootd-not-quite-nautical-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh~ how lovely is your english tutor to send you limited ed. stamps :)
    Kate is so beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! How fun! Now you can keep it in mint condition and sell them for lots of $$$ many years down the road. :O)

    How nice of your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ♥