Monday, May 16, 2011

SKIN79 THE ORIENTAL Gold Plus & Hot Pink BB cream

Uh, oh! Joan is back!! I’ve been terribly busy these days and damn internet connection (as always).

I had been searching for BB cream in the past few weeks. I read so many reviews from makeup gurus to bloggers. This is my first BB cream ever, I just don’t want to get disappointed after buy the wrong or standard BB cream. My nominees were from Etude House, Missha (Perfect Cover), Skin79 (Hot Pink-I didn’t know before, thanks Jen from frmheadtotoe! I was really moved by her recommendation) and The Face Shop (Power Perfection).

At first, because I thought there weren’t any Skin79 counter here (apparently I was so wrong xp), so I had to eliminated it and shortly, Missha Perfect Cover BB cream become my strong nominee. It’s like everybody and every beauty blogger recommend this BB cream. I was going to order it at online shop when I ended up finding Skin79 counter and I got the tester. I tried the Hot Pink one. I was so impressed, except the smell because it’s lot like sunblock. But it’s still fine. Suddenly I forgot about Missha, but in the end I went to Missha counter and tested the #23 (#21 is for fair skin tone).

First, my skin felt wet feeling (I don’t know the term, maybe dewy finish?). I didn’t like it, but after few minutes the feeling slowly disappeared. I think the result was almost the same with the Skin79 Hot Pink, but I had already falling in love with Skin79. Hoho..

So, as soon as I got home, I ordered the Skin79. But instead of bought the Hot Pink one, I chose the Oriental Gold Plus, because this BB cream has new formula. Well, I hope it worth to try I think..

I'll review the Hot Pink first, a tester to be exact.



Notice: I have oily skin type.

SKIN79 Hot Pink Super BB Cream (Tester)

What they say in the tester packaging:
SUPER PLUS Beblesh Balm TRIPLE FUNCTIONS

Whitening/ wrinkles improvement Ultraviolet rays interception SPF25 PA++
KFDA 3 functions certification

the triple function beblesh balm protects sun from harmful environment with the extracts of Sun flower and Ivy also makes pure and healthy skin.
First applied, as always, BB cream will look so white in our skin, but then it blended so well. No wet or greasy feeling, and the smell wasn't that bad actually. I think I used the cream pretty thick because my dad immediately noticed that I used a cream! or maybe because of the powder? didn't know..-,-
I have oily skin type, but this can control the oil in my face for few hours. My face looks really smooth after used it, redness all gone..dark circle under my eyes also reduced.



Left: no BB, right: use BB and with powder


ZOOM in to my face used Hot Pink

Overall rating:♥♥♥♥♡ The coverage :♥♥♥♥♥ Texture :♥♥♥♥♥ Oil Control:♥♥♥♥♡ Smell:♥♥♥♥♡

Conclusion: love the tester! it really smoothen my face, reducing redness, dark area and dark circle plus give dewy finish. It feels light in my face.

The different between Hot Pink and Oriental Gold Plus:


Hot Pink color is more greyish and more transparent when blended to skin.


Can you tell the difference? I can't!


I used the BB cream on the left hand


Now, my purchase is..

SKIN79 THE ORIENTAL Gold Plus BB Cream SPF30 PA++
40 g

Okay, this is what they say in the packaging.
front :
Highly functional ingredients of Oriental Blending and Gold offer vitality and energy to dry and exhausted skin.
UV INTERCEPTION SPF30 PA++
WRINKLE IMPROVEMENT-WHITENING

Back:
KFDA 3 Functions Certification:
Whitening/ Wrinkle Improvement/ UV Interception SPF30 PA++

The triple functional BB cream keeps skin shining and lifting through whitening and wrinkle care effect, making uneven skin tone and skin texture clean with rich feel of hydration softly cohering to skin and protecting skin from UV rays.

Patent ingredients of Oriental Tea Newplex and Peptatox Complex care skin to be sleek and firming by activating the original function of skin with Gold and Caviar Extract and Oriental Sue Formula maintaining ideal condition of skin by keeping optimal skin balance and comfortably soothing skin internally and externally damaged.

DIRECTIONS: Use it proper quantity on the area of your face like patting at the last step of skin care.


Oriental Gold Plus BB cream comes in two types, tube and fluid. The difference between the two is just the packaging. Mine is tube type, well, I chose this because it's cheaper. hoho..







Sealed tube


Left: no BB, right: use BB and without powder

Overall rating:♥♥♥♥♡ The coverage :♥♥♥♥♥ Texture :♥♥♥♥ ♡ Oil Control:♥♥♥♥♡ Smell:♥♥♥♡♡

Conclusion: Oriental Gold Plus has more liquid than the Hot Pink one, which I don't like because I have to slowly squeeze the tube or it will come out too much. The other thing is I don't really like the smell. I prefer the sunblock smell in Hot Pink..
but overall my conclusion is pretty much the same with the Hot Pink. Reduce redness, dark circle and smoothen my face.

Final conclusion on these two: Next time, I will purchase the Hot Pink BB cream because it's cheaper and already has a nice coverage to my face. In rupiahs, the cost of Hot Pink in online shop is Rp. 169.000,- (probably about $19.5) while in the mall counter is Rp. 348.000,- ($40.2), Oriental Gold Plus -tube in online shop Rp. 199.000,-($22.9); in mall counter Rp. 364.000,- ($41.9). Oriental Gold Plus - liquid in online shop Rp. 230.000,-($26.5); in mall counter Rp. 550.000,-($63.4).

So, the price of Hot Pink and Oriental Gold Plus are not much different, right?

46 comments:

  1. I like BB creams but they don't work for my skin. I break out. But I've only tried Missha's BB cream. I heard Skin79 was really good. I'm going to have to give it a try now. Your skin looks flawless (even for before too. LoL) I think BB cream does a good job in brightening your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I wish I could wear bbcreams but my skin tone is much too dark for it! >< I tried Missahs's bbcream but yup, too light hahaha my mum said I looked ghostly with it on =P OH WELLS! Back to my laura mercier's tinted moisturizer! Im glad bbcream worked out for you but then again you have super nice, fair skin!!!

    Ugh! Internet connections are the worst, especially if I can't find out the reason why my laptop won't connect with the router, or if I have to call up the company, the workers are never really any help and I often have to be on the phone with them for 2hrs +!!!

    P.s how's your room coming along? =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used BB cream, but your review is so nice I should probably try.. ;)

    Hugs,
    The Picnic Girl

    Join my 2nd blogaversaire giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheaper with a good quality why not?!!
    never used BB cream before, i always try to just use SPF cream only (a lot of fondutions in market have heavy texture) but for sure i have to consider this one.. because you promoted it in very interesting way..haha
    you have good ability in this thing
    tks for the review girl :)

    THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

    in Love&Light
    Queen D

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review dear! :)

    i have tried of these bb creams but the only bb cream that worked for me is etude house precious minerals bb cream. i do know that these bb creams are a favorite among many girls. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing us about the cream :)
    aaaa thanks for your comment now I know about Fifi Lapin :D it's weird because I already love that rabbit for a long time but I didn't know her name haha :p I put your name in my post ;)

    If you don’t mind please visit and kindly left some sweet comment on my blog
    teddy bear princess

    LotsOfLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. skin79 bb creams are getting so much hype right now!
    I can't wait to get my hands on one and try it too =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great review !!you look and did a amazing job in the pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh I love this post! I love how you did the before and after. I can really see a difference. Great review!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I love bb cream reviews! You did a great job with the comparison review! I actually have the Skin79 Oriental Gold bb cream (purple bottle), but I guess this one is suppose to be an improved formula. I really like the Hot Pink bb cream on you! The coverage is really good :D I really wanted to try it too after reading FrmheadtoToe's review on it, but ended up getting the Oriental instead. Your review pictures look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im sure you can wear what I wore to the zoo too!!! My boots are actually really beat up but you can't tell from the photo much, the seams are coming apart and threads are coming off hahaha it's not that the boots were bad quality but I beat them up BAD this winter ><

    Yes Im so sad I can't use bbcream!!! All the magical things it could do for me! *sigh* I'll just stick to tinted moisturizer, I heard Bobbi Brown has a new one coming out this summer =D Im excited for your room too! I've never had a room of my own before, I share with my sister always =) What do you have planned for your room?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your comment! I love this post. i dont know much about beauty products so i love reading reviews and things like that :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!! it really works!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Joan! Thanks for the comment on my blog, again!
    I see that this works well for you. I am such a dumber on make up though. :(((

    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. great review, looks really promising and affordable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. waw, aku belum pernah pakai keduanya. malah nyaris gak pakai apa2 untuk wajah :p nice review, mungkin suatu hari aku bakal coba :)
    btw, kalau ada waktu ikutan giveaway'ku yah :) thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooo awesome! It's not very common that you get to see a before/after with makeup! I love it! You look really natural and GORGEOUS. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww thank you... :'3 You're very nice. I'm following you now, I hope you'll follow back too. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! It's nice to read such a lovely review and see a before and after with makeup! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't use any creams like this (my skin is too sensitive) but no.. can't see much of a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think both of those BB creams look extremely natural on you :) You have marvelous skin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. No you haven't yet. Click here to follow my blog. I'm following you now, btw. cheers~ XD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! i love BB cream! Thankyou for visiting my blog and thanks for the comment! ;) nice blog! =D i'm following you now ;) follow me back? ^^ hihi xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm such a super late bloomer with BB creams! I haven't tried one yet! I'm so pathetic. LOL Anyway, I've been getting so much positive reviews with the Skin79 BB cream. I think it really works so well, esp with this great review of yours. I hope I can get one as well >< I dunno where to purchase them here! T__T

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a very good review in digestible bite-size; it’s very clear and easy to understand.

    Skin 79 is like the most highy recommended bb cream here too. The only reason stopping me is the packaging. I can’t imagine how difficult it is to pump product out from the canister. When I see your tube version, I’m beginning to change my mind and I think when my current bb cream runs out, I would check out if there’s the tube one available here.

    Jo
    iamjolene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great review! I love the way you formatted your pictures; very professional. ^.^

    I've been thinking of buying BB Cream for awhile because I hear it's great for Asian skin tones. Do you know where I can buy them in the states?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, I love your blog! It's so charming! I LOVE Skin79 BB cream! I've tried so many of them but they all work so well that it's hard for me to stick with just one xD
    I was hoping we could follow and friend each other! Thanks!
    <3eimi
    http://shiikwaasaababy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, thanks for your great and review! I actually just received my oriental gold plus (tube) in the post today and tried it on immediately. My first impression was that it was very white on application (being a boy) but it oxidised darker closer to my skin tone in about 45mins. I really can't wait that long for oxidation if i had to go to work today so i placed an order for the etude house precious mineral #3 today. All on ebay as they are the cheapest place to purchase though do check the seller ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @anonymous: Hey, there! Thanks for reading and commenting my blog, dear(:

    I'm a girl but I also feel that it appears white at first. Just like you said, probably about 45min-1hr then the bb cream will blend better to our skin tone. I also have a difficulty with the timing as I always use it before go to work.

    Actually I'm planning to buy skin79 bb cream again, but with darker color. Maybe the hot pink one or else..

    My friend used Etude House magic bb cream back then, but it also appears too white and doesn't have a good coverage like skin79 does. I don't know about the precious mineral one. Maybe you want to share with me after you try it?(:

    ReplyDelete
  31. What I found out about the difference between Skin79 Hot pink and Skin79 Oriental Gold Plus is that they work for different skin. Hot pink is more for oily to combi skin whereas, gold plus is for dry to combi skin. Do correct me if I am wrong..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yuph, you're right, Elaine. Thanks (:
      I wanted to try any BB cream that time, so I didn't know much about the difference between one and another. And after using Skin79 gold, I wanna try the basic hot pink.

      Delete
  32. Loved your review! Just started using Skin79 Oriental Gold and it's great!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment ♥